Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Its been over a YEAR!

Here I am a year later... been very busy with been an usher... and event staffing in the SF Bay area. I believe that this year I have seen (heard) sooo many different genre s of music that I could not tell you all about it. I am enjoying what I do, because the love of music, I believe is the Universal Language.

I actually have a few days off to just "WOW".... from REO, STYX. to Kenny Chesney, to Australian Pink Floyd, Ben Harper & Relentless7 ... and up to the last couple of days, there is the annual Neil Young's Bridge School Benefit. Its been an awesome year. Have been placed (posted) in different spots of various venues. Learning what goes on behind the stage is so......... Amazing! I never realized what really goes on.

Although there are 'rules' to being around such talented people, unfortunately I am unable to become a 'Fan'. I have had Bob Dylan walk right behind me after his sound check. Jason Mraz standing talking to friends and family as I sit, guard the dressing rooms, Was also on the same stair case as Steely Dan made their exit from the stage. :) I may not be able to SEE the concerts, but I sure can hear them. A lot goes on in getting the stage, venue ready for a performance. I think that I have the 'occupation' that I do not mind saying.... I am going to work!!

What really blows my mind is.... how the media say that there is such a depression going on in our society, there are people that are still attending events! To me, that is sooooooo AWESOME! Time to relax a bit... just getting off of a 6 day run... with three 12 hour days in the past eight days!

PEACE!

No comments: