Sunday, April 8, 2007

And so I am back!

Wow, got to sleep in today! Sleeping in meaning that I slept in til after 6AM... Yepp, that was the time that I was getting up no matter what! I have learned alot of things in the past couple of months, and I still say today as I said the day that I went into a shelter! No matter how much money... No matter what.... I think that everyone should experience living in a homeless shelter at least for One week!
I have found that I have met many different people there. Some that are in there for whatever reason.. Some working the system.... and well... Its kind of amazing how the staff of one of these places can be so compassionate... yet at the same time have that rough edge to make different people listen to them! I have learned that there are resources out there for ones that are really trying to get their lives back together! I have met Viet Nam vets... now this one actually kills me... there are our vets out there that are living in shelters! Let alone, there are older people... that one would call a 'Granny'.. or 'Papa' out there.. that probably have worked their whole lives and then to see where some an end up.... maybe not so much cuz of money.... it can be just about perdicuments... that people have oome across, and have nothing that they could have done about it! To me, it just does not seem fair for some of these people! For me, I thought, wow... How can this be? And yet the shelters can impliment certain rules that feels as if they are taking away out constitutional rights.. but you know, there is no law that says that these places have to house anyone ... let alone feed us!
The first thing that got to me, was the fact that the staff had to deal with so many different types of people that only a special person can do that! And they are just trying todo their jobs! I commend the staff at EHC! I am no longer there, although, my son still is! I believe that there are people he has met there, that he feels that he can help! I give a salute to my son! GO BRYAN!
In my next few posts, I will be telling of some of my experiences at EHC (Emergency Housng Consortium) Its been a real experience and I will never forget the people that I have met!

PEACE!

No comments: