Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Banking.... and Heart Attack

I have been having a major issue with my bank lately. Unfortunately, its a thing that has to do with THEIR rules. Since I have opened my account with them, and the real only use for that is for my payroll to be deposited into the acct. Yea, I wonder what real purpose there really is for banks. Granted, I used to be in the banking field, and it was ok, and I understoood what was going on. Everythng is so automated now, and it takes forever to talk to representative.

I had signed up for an online alert, so that if anything that comes into my account that I am not aware of coming into this account, pls call the 800 number. Is that supposed to stop the bank from paying this unauthorized debit that is about to hit the account? You would think.. right ? Oh no, they have to let it hit the account first, then....... if you have to dispute it... after it hits the account, and if it incurrs any fees along the way, they hold it for you until the dispute is been resolved. What use is that online bankng alert?

Oh yes, and there is that program too, that you round up the change... everytime you use the your ATM card... which can be okay, but to find out that ...in California, you can have only three transactions on a savings acct within a statement period. At least that is what I was told. I have found out so many different RULES to banking that I could not even keep track of the rules that they make us follow.

Yes. I would say that, within the past 4-5 months, that each time there has been an unauthorized debit, whether it was a truly an unauthorized debit, or something that the bank decided to charge me for... I have had fees reversed because of rules that one is not aware of, that I do not know which way is up or down. Yea, you must have a minimum balance, or show that you have deposited 25.00 a month... OH but did they tell you that it had to be an automated transfer from your checking??? And, well, for it to hit the account, by the 24th ??? No... the next charge coming through... Well, goodness, why don't you tell me this from the gate?

Oh wait, all transactions will go through so long its in the account by 10:30pm ??? No, not if the deposit is made at an ATM, Whoa....... and they tell you that you have such and such avail in your account.... hmmmm but did they tell you that there was a fee because the credit did not make that account, because you deposited it at the ATM 10 min after 6pm ??? and there was a debit coming through at the same time?

Needless to say, I am not very happy with the banking system anymore. Last night, I actually had to talk myself down from gettng myself so upset, that all could think about was how not to yell at these reps that have given wrong information to their own customers. I am a customer service rep, and you know, I would feel so guilty if I outright told my customers wrong information just to get them off the line. I know how calls can be tracked. But I think in the bankng field, they know that most of us are kind at their mercy, because of the way things have gotten so automated. I see ads in the paper about .... becoming a Personal Banker...Ha, yea, someone to peronally to tell you the banking policies when there are discrepencies occur on your account!

PEACE!

No comments: