Saturday, December 9, 2006

Surprise Heart Attack?

I have been working on this thing all day :) and I am liking what I am doing. I have had some breaking news in the past couple of days, that I was not real sure how I was going to handle. I am here in front of this computer, because I know that I really have to keep my mind occupied. With the link above (or below) to the original story... and now I will go on. When I found out that my kids' father had a massive heart attack and was hosptalized, I was more concerned for the kids and how they were going to deal with this.

I know that it usually is a surprise, when someone you know has a heart attack. Its not a pleasant thing to hear about; Its pretty scary, I would say. Each of the kids reacted to this so differntly, that I was so glad that I was able to at least talk them down from what worries and stress that they were feeling. I felt that they did not know how to act in my presence, but I reassured them that I would be there for them, and yes, I did show my concern for their father. He had been my EX for close to 25 years.
He is only a couple years older than I am, but still, it really made me think about alot of things. Alot of the 'what if's', and I know that the kids & I were thinking the same thing. I would have never really given it much thought of such an awkward positon for the kids to be in, and as well, I also felt that same awkwardness.

I am the one the one that is keeping the pharmecuetical companies in business...LOL...(not funny), but alot of thoughts came into my head that scared me to do what I did the other night:

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.ListAll&friendID=9524002

and for doing that, I knew that I would be stronger, and be the strength that my children needs during this time. Yes, It was a surprise to hear that my ex had a massive heart attack. I mean to think that not so long ago in our youth, what crazy things we were doing in the 60's. :)

He is leaving the hospital today, and the kids are with him, and the kids know that I have them on my mind.
I am glad that I had some productive time,today that kept my mind busy. Thank you for lettng me share!

PEACE!

No comments: