Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Big Bro

Its a very cold and windy day today, but I knew that I had to go to the bank and just take care of some business. I got dressed, and walked down to the bank, and I realized that I did not bring my cell phone with me. I wasn't going to be gone long, so it really did not matter. I spoke with a personal banker, and got alot of issues cleared up. I am glad of that. Wanted to have things cleared up so the New Year can be all fresh.

When I got back, my son told me to sit down; I said, What ? Well he answered my cell phone and said .. that the Alameda County just called and said that your brother Wayne T has passed away. Anyways, I called my parents, no answer.. I called my other brother, got his voice mail... GREAT! What do I do? I called back the number that was last called on my phone.. and got a Deputy Gonzales, and he told me that I was the first to know about this, that they tried to call my parents, and they did not understand enough english to understand what he was trying to convey.

I have been calling my brother just to say 'hi', and told him that I love him, and well, beng that he was on Diialysis, I knew many times that he did feel good after his treatments, needless to say, on his answerng machine, I still at least let him know that I was thinking about him. I am sure glad that I have done that!

I got a hold of my younger brother, and he will call me back as to what we need to do at this point. The deputy told me that they will take him with them to the county morgue, and that we need to get a hold of a funeral home, oh boy, am i ready for this? I have never had to actually do any of this. I know that there is alot to do when there are arrangements that have to be made. At this moment, I wait for my lil brother to call back. My sister is in Hawaii, having a vacation.

I did not realize that it was like happening as I was talking to the deputy. It was the Dialysis people that called the police letting them know that my brother has neveer missed a treatment, and that he did not show up, so, he was actually at my brother's apt as I was talking to him. Goodness! They will seal up him apartment, and I will contact him later with more information.
PEACE!

No comments: