Saturday, December 30, 2006

Make My List

Okay, So I was to be in the City, late morning according to my younger brother. Not a problem. I am having a real hard time with this. My older brother and I were close as I was growing up. We did alot of things together, and he shared alot with me that he probably did not share with my sister or my other brother.

Dad thinks that Wayne went into the hospital last night, and he left us just this morning. This was so that we would not just bombard him with it all at once. See, I do not live in the City so I do not see my parents often, but I do keep in contact. I knew that once my dad saw me there, along with my sister and my brother.... He would have known that something was wrong. Wayne wanted to be cremated, and something very very private. We were trying to call places to find out what is the next step to do, and what kind of paperwork (legalities), .. Oh yea, and how many copies of the death certificate will we need? And all that kind of stuff. Being that I was the initial contact person, guess who gets go to my brothers apartment, and go through things? Yepp, you guessed right! I do not know how I will be, the day that I go out there to even open the door to his apartment. I first have to go the Alameda County morgue, to pick up the keys to the apartment, and the keys to the car, and other personal property that the county brought with my brother.

I have to go and look for any 'Important' papers. such insurance policies, bank accounts, and to gather up whatever recurring payments that he had to make eg: power bills, telephone bills, etc. Oh my goodness... Am I really going to be able to do this? I have my kids that will help me, and I think and I have a friend, Ms Dilly, that has gone through something like this before. Yes, my sister suggested that someone not so directly involved maybe can make the initial entrance for me.

When we were at my dad's house, my dad pulled me aside, and told me that Wayne really loved me alot. I knew that! Dad knew that we were tight, even when we were younger. There are things that I did not realize that we talked about that he never shared with my sister, or my brother. Wow! Alot of things going on through my head right now. I just called the County Dept, and let them know what was the game plan, and I need to ask for the Property Technician, to let them know that there are arrangements being made. With this being the holiday weekend, nothing can be done until Tuesday.

I had a real hard time holding it together in front of my dad. I had to keep reminding myself that! Wow! I need to make a list of things, so I know what I need to be looking for. Goodness.. I better get to that task.... I know that I need to be more aware of what I need to look for. Can anyone think of things that I need to put on this list in a situation like this? I do not want to overlook anything that may be needed right away. !

PEACE!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Laura my thoughts and prayers are with you. The coming days/weeks will be hard with everything to do but you will make it thru....a hug for you Laura ..........your friend Tim