Thursday, December 21, 2006

State of Calif

Battling the State of Calif
Anyways, I wanted to post today about my acheivement, mmmm well, acheivement may not even be the right word for it. I fought the State, and I won.

A few months back, I received from my payroll department, a notice that they were going to start to garnish my wages, for past due registration fees for a car, that I do not know anything about. This actually started in August, or so, and of course, I questioned it; this is fees for a car, back in '03. When I inquired, I found out that I never owned this 1987 Pontiac that they are talking about. They extended the procedure, and I was to follow up with a formal complaint, and talk to an investigator and all that good stuff. I am ready. I went back on my time line, and I was very sure of what I was doing at the time, and I even asked my kids, to verify what I was doing 2002- 2004. lets say. I wanted to be sure that when I talked to this investgator, I had it right on the button.

Well, the extention came to an end, and NO investigator called or even tried to contact me. HMMMM one of their phone reps even told me I should pay it, and then fight it. Well, Hello, that just is not my way of doing things. Not with the State, anyways. I needed the State to extend this order against me, and of course, I was the one that had to be on hold for hours on end, repeatng the story to various phone reps, and to get referred back to the first number that I called. LOL. Oh my, I remember back in October, that I really do not have the time or the energy to deal with this; but I knew that I had to do it. Down to the last 15 minutes of the deadline, that my payroll department had to comply with the law.

They did give me the SECOND extention. to be the final one, and that I had to make sure that it was cleared up, by Dec 30. How do you leave a message for the Investigation Dept, when they are not allowed to give out phone numbers of the investigators? Yes. You did read that right. So with all the energies, and research that I did, to make sure that I was definately on the straight and narrow, writing everything down. OHHHHHHHHHHH finally a John does call, with a restricted number, and wanted to make an appointment with me. WHOA Dang I wish that Yahoo's 360 did not mess up my orig blogg, I could link it. Anyways, My handwriting on the registration papers, my handwriting on the title. I still insisted that my time line was true and correct.. and that I had owned a Ford Taurus in 2003; but this was for 2002. Oh my the Toyota Celica. hmmmmm no. Its a 1987 Pontiac; don't know the model, though

Finally, what could I really say, when I could not deny m own handwritng. That particular investgator seemed to believe me. I am sure, after a background check on me, of course, and finally suggest that I just contact the State and fill out a release of liabilty. Not a problem. MOnday, I received from my payroll dept, a notice, that the State was going to start to garnish my wages, for the same 1987 Pontiac; Today, I decided to call, of course it took up all of my lunch time, and some. WEll, Finally when I got to talk to someone, she told me that that account had been closed out.WOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOO YES And she told me that they had faxed a termination of order to area code 845, well, anyone lives in Lake County, IL. will tell you that their area code is 847. Payroll still had not received the fax to stop it. Had to call the State back with the right Fax number. And as far as 3PM California time, the State said that they will refax.

Sigh, what a relief. When I was talking to the Payroll person, she told me that she was actually going to have to start the process this week, for next week's paycheck,,, I am sooooooo Glad that I called. Today has been the first day in week that I could say that I felt good enough to have to deal with that kind of business.
If I had owned the car, I would not mind paying what I owe. but I could not even picture the car in my head, to say that, ok, it could have been a Pontiac, but no.

Anyways PEACE

No comments: