Sunday, January 14, 2007

Family Meeting!

Well, Some of you may know that I was pretty much summoned to a Family Meeting in reference to my brother's belongings, not so much any material things, but, more about his bank accounts, insurance policies (if Any), and any amounts due for utlities and/ rent... etc. mainly the first two! Earlier in the week, I mentioned that my sister had been asking my younger brother, Stan, for any updates from me... I had been reporting to him, pretty much my findings, and well, I explain to him what I have discovered, and when he tries to tell my sister, he feels that he is not explaining it correctly. He felt like he is blotching it up. I knew that something was not right about his questioning that day, and I had a feeling that my sister.... Well, I just said to him in a from of a question... (she) They don;t think that I know what I am doing, do they?

He answered with .... Well, I think that she wants to have a family meeting on all of this stuff. I thought if she wanted to know so badly, I thought that the meeting was
going to take place in the evening sometime during the week... I still have to finish up cleaning the apartment and stuff. I had made plans to meet some friends at the apartment that needed some tools, and my neice is real need of just general things, she just moved into a dfferent place.
Well, the next call I get from Stan is that the meeting was to be on Saturday morning... I expressed to him that I had made plans to meet people at the apartment in the morning. He knows that it needs to get done. She is just interested in the Ins money.

Anyways, I change plans for this FAmily Meeting, and rearrange my plans with various people. The meeting was to be at 10AM, and had to travel the different direction just for this! Okay, I will do this, cuz I am sure that my Dad has also been curious if there was any insurance or whatever. This morning, I start off my ride to the city... San Jo to San Fran....
As I am getting off the freeway in San Fran, I am getting a call at 10AM.. figured that they wanted to know how long I was going to be. I told them that I was pulling off the Freeway right now,, and will be there in about 10 min.. Well, it was my brother Stan, telling me that my sister was not going to make it. !

I said..Scuse Me? I'll be right there, Ok? He said that she could be on the phone, and Stan could expain everything as we go along. I said, ok whatever suits her. As I am going along showing him my findings, and explaining why I kept that item, whether it was the a bank statement, Insurance Policies, all.. of it. I handed over the bankcards, and possible pin numbers, and all that kind of stuff ie: Power bills, Telelphone bills, other utlity bills, Car Title and Insurance... and stuffs like that. There you are... you got it and with notes on them.. ones that I discontinued service...yadda yadda yadda....Anyways, my brother said that may be I should just keep all the paper work together so that we do not get them lost, or all over the place. ...And yes, Dad was sitting at the table listening in... He felt that he needed to be there since he is the next of kin and so on....

I heard my Dad say... Where is Gail? that be my sister... and was told that she had watch her daughter ........... ??? uhhhhh, okay.... ! We wondered why Gail had called this meeting and why she is not there. That is what Dad kept on saying. Kind of like.. in wonder.. and what a waste of time for all of us involved! So what I had thought on this matter, was true. That my sister just wanted to see if what I was telling my brother was true and in fact, and needed to see evidence of it. Well, maybe with her CPA husband knowing the California Law, that whoever is in possession of the policy, is the rightful 'owner' of the policy at that time. Of course he would not think that I would know something like that! But of course, she does not know that my son is learning law in his third year of college!

I wonder if I will be making any changes to my plans ever again for something that my sister needs to call as an urgent affair! I don't think so!

PE@CE!

No comments: