Friday, January 12, 2007

More Finalization?

Well, My goodness, I have not posted the majority of the week... Wassup with that? Anyways, I have been going through alot of paperwork, and I am finding out that I am alot like my brother in so many ways. I chuckle at that.

Earlier this week, I had received a call from my younger brother, and he seemed like he had so many different kinds of questions for me, which really surprised me alot. Finally what really came down, was that my family does not think that I know what I am doing. Yepp, its not so much that he disagreed with what I said, it was a matter of the comment that he made, when I questioned him on something. He just said that it seems like I am blotching things up when Gail (my sister) asks what is going on, or something. He just said that maybe we should just have a family meeting, cuz Dad is asking about all the paperwork, as well. I have been letting my brother know what I have been discovering, and well, I had done that mainly so that I got myself in check with all of this stuff, you know?

I never realized just how much people really expect out of you, when... one is doing all that she can, but yet, it really is never good enough for someone in the bunch. What really gets me upset is that, they cannot do what I am doing. Going through my brothers' stuff. But yet they want to know what is going on... Fast enough.. but not fast enough for them. You know? Or for Her.. in this case.

This morning, I decided to call the phone company, and the cable TV people to cancel, or to have service discontnued. I did not realize how hard that was going to hit me until after I did it. I suppose, there will be a lot of these.. 'Feeling of Finalization'... eh? The phone number has been the same for years... and years, and well, It was rough to have to do that. I did not know that it was going to last all day, and even now, I am still feeling a lil down about it. But, as my daughter told me.. MOM, you are doing it for your brother, and out of respect for him, you are the one being strong about all of this.

Anyways, this weekend, I had made plans, yet again, to go over to my brothers' apt, and try to get all the things that need to get done over there, and kind of let the landlady know what is going on. Yes... I found his rental agreement, and the landlady called me and we talked. She knew that I was the younger sister, when she asked me, she said that my brother talked of me often. In kidding, I asked her what did he say about me... She said, Oh nothing, just that you can tell that you were his favorite. :)) Most of the paperwork has been sorted and some of it has been addressed, So when my brother mentioned the Family meeting, I expected it to be during the week, so that I can go finish the other. Well, because my sister said... Its going to interrupt my weekend to get things done. The meeting will be tomorrow morning, when I should really be at my brothers place to clean it up and stuff. ...another .

I think that I have it all together...As a matter of fact, I know I have gone though the paperwork that I have here. Its a matter of sorting them out and have them all together so I can explain it all. During this week, my voice has been rough, being that I am on the phones all day, at work, and then to talk to companies, and being directed to the right department, I've had to explain alot to more people than I ever have. Voice is pretty much gone.

I wonder if they have called anyone, of importance, like Social Security, or Who else is there to call? I do not know if he was working part time, lately or not. I have not really seen a direct deposit outside of his social security go into his accounts, so that makes me think that he was not working of recent, anyways.

Anyways, I hope for it to be a good day tomorrow!

PE@CE!

No comments: